Friday, March 7, 2008

The planets have aligned...

and I am actually on my computer (while my 18 mo. old and 4 year-old wreak havoc with a package of Top Ramen they found in the pantry) . I don't have to look up a recipe or sign children up for anything or prepare a lesson or check practice and game schedules or check the definition of a word I heard on talk-radio.
Target owes me my picture on the wall or a aisle with my name on it or something. I am embarassed to admit that I have been to Target 4 out of 5 days this week (and all before 9AM). Hayley needed new P.E. shoes, and we had already made a hefty investment in some cool ones for the beginning of school, so Target will get us through the last couple of months. I get nothing done when I take all 5 of the kids, and end up with strange purchases (silly putty, press-on nails, the entire line-up of Nerf products) in my cart, so I thought I would take my chances and guess at Hayley's shoe size so I would only have T-Rex and the baby with me. I guessed wrong, so I went straight back the next day to trade sizes, and overnight Hayley had also outgrown her sandals, so they were added to the list. I also got some grocery shopping done, etc. From too big, to too small, the shoes never fit, and since I planned on going back the next morning to fix the previous mornings mistakes, people (my kids) kept adding things to the list that they needed for school projects or dance class or the beginning of football season for the boys. Today is Friday and I just got back from Target (BTW, I didn't always go to the same store, there are 2 within the same distance, so I mixed it up a bit...) and I don't care if the shoe doesn't fit or the shorts are the wrong color, we will make it work.
On a tangent, as we pulled up to our second home, Target, this morning, I realized I had forgotten to pray (and boy did I need it today), so I turned the car off and quickly bowed my head and closed my eyes in the car, people were walking by and Truman kept asking what I was doing, and I had this image in my mind of someone thinking I was slumped over the steering wheel for a different reason (*see next story for this line of thinking), so I finished quickly and hoped nobody was calling an ambulance.

4 comments:

Nichole Barney said...

I am a regular Target shopper. I go there or Walmart everyday. I am in to big of a hurry to make a list of what I need and then I end up back there again forgetting something. You would think I would learn. I liked the story about you sleeping that was pretty funny!

Tiffany said...

Your so funny Steph! I am a regular there too! Love the story about the car!

Kevin Pratt said...

Those are both funny stories. If you can't get it at Target, you don't need it...at least that is my motto. I usually go there for one or two things and leave spending $150 every time...tons of random stuff. If I go to Walmart, it makes me want to move for various reasons, so I feel better at Target.

Jessie said...

I think Target has us all sucked in...I went the other day for poster board and came out 150.00 dollars later with a lot of stuff I didn't know I needed....
I could wander around in there for hours....I am a Target girl...the Walmart by me scares me, every time I have gone there something weird happens.
Your story about your sister had me laughing!